Great news… Merseyside Dogs Home was awarded the national prize of Animal Charity Team of the year.
With 5,786 entries from animal charities across the UK we are pleased to be awarded this great privilege. Paul Dunne Manager of the centre and team leader said “Competition for this award is high with many of the national charities having entered, such as The Dogs Trust, Battersea Dogs Home, Blue Cross and many more” “we could not of achieved this without, our staff, volunteers and helpers at the home, the award is not just to the team but a credit to everyone’s commitment that is involved in the home”.
But it is not the first year that we made the shortlist, we were also runner up in 2016. Tina Meany one of our behaviourists at the entre said “having come runners up in 2016 we were excited when shortlisted for 2018 and hoped that the judges would not place us runners up in two consecutive years, we were over the moon when it was announced that we were winners.
So why are we Animal Charity Team of the year?
- Because of our modern and innovative approach to running a 21st century dogs home.
- Our Open Paw programme where dogs meet 200 people before being rehomed.
- The Superdogs that are chosen from the dogs arriving, they help people to recover.
- Our welcoming environment.
- The specialists that our team holds within the industry.
But most of all….because we care about dogs and people.