Volunteers play an important role at the home and we now have voluntary vacancies, an excellent opportunity to gain practical and theoretical knowledge of animal behaviour and training, and a chance to apply, learn and expand a wide range of skills. It is an essential role at the centre, which will make a huge difference to the lives of the dogs who come into us.
What do I need to volunteer ?
- A flexible approach to work and ability to take instruction
- Ability to work in a stressful and emotive environment
- Excellent communication, teamwork and organisational skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to show empathy and understanding when dealing with others
- A strong interest in animal welfare, and an empathy and understanding of animals within a rescue environment
Support and training provided
You will be supported by the Team Leaders as well as the Canine Behaviour & Training Advisors throughout your volunteering role. Day to day support will also be provided by the Volunteer Coordinator.