Collection Box Coordinator
We are looking for proactive and outgoing people with a good knowledge of their local community to join our fundraising family as Collection Box Coordinators, helping to make a difference for Merseyside Dogs Home by giving just a small amount of time per month.
Collection boxes are a simple way to raise money and awareness for Merseyside Dogs Home. Our Collection Box Coordinators place and manage the collection boxes in their local communities to help raise vital funds for the 600 dogs and cats that we care for every year.
In the role of Collection Box Coordinator you will encourage local businesses to show their support for the Home by displaying a collection box, and then process and record the funds raised. You will be the main point of contact between collection box holders and the Centre Support Officer who will always be on hand should you need support or advice.
What will I be doing as a Collection Box Coordinator?
• Building relationships with local business like pubs, vets, hairdressers and shops
• Placing as many collection boxes as possible in your local community
• Obtaining signed agreements from collection box holders, and ensuring they are aware of procedures
• Recording appropriate information about collection box holders
• Monitoring, collecting, counting, banking and reporting funds raised
• Presenting certificates to collection box holders for ‘milestone’ amounts raised
• Encouraging box holders to promote other Dogs Home initiatives by displaying posters, etc
• Undertaking any recommended training and following set procedures
• Always being a positive and proactive representative of the Home.
What experience or skills will I need to do this role?
• Good knowledge of your local community
• Good communication and influencing skills
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Outgoing, proactive and self-motivated
• Organised, with good numeracy and computer skills (Microsoft Excel and email)
• Aged 18+
• Access to your own vehicle with a full UK drivers licence.
What are the benefits for me?
• Developing your knowledge and skills and enhancing your CV
• Having fun, meeting new people, sharing your enthusiasm and doing something new
• Really making a difference to all the dogs in our care, helping them to get lovely new homes and happy futures
• Being part of the Merseyside Dogs Home fundraising family
• Representing Merseyside Dogs Home at the heart of your local community.
What support and materials will I be given?
• Full induction on all aspects of your role
• All appropriate materials to support your role
• Your own collector’s authorisation letter
• Continuous support and advice from your local the Centre Support Officer.
How much time will I need to commit to this role?
This fun and flexible role can be carried out at times that suit you. You will probably need to donate an average of 3-4 hours of your time per month to build up and maintain your collection box network.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you would like to volunteer for us and how your skills fit those mentioned above to email@example.com